No announcement yet.

google shmoogle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That still uses the db. I am looking for a way to archive the posts, a true archive where posts are converted to flatfiles and locked, and then after archiving delete the posts from the db. DCforum has this ability and I beleive UBB does also
    Then they wouldn't be searchable, or appear in similar threads and lots of other nice functions of vbulletin though...

Comment

Originally posted by DarkReaper
      So what exactly is the problem with google indexing and the way vB2 is? I have a script on my site that has pages such as news.php?action=view&newsid=1234 and google indexes them just fine. Why doesn't it work with vB2?
      VB passes session IDs in the url.

Comment

How does that create a problem though?
        Seriously! - The Definitive Home of All Things Serious
        Seriously! Forums

To recieve support on these forums, enter your username here.

Comment

the sessionhashes are randomly generated. Imagine how many of them if a dozen googlebots visit.

They visit the same page twice, but register it as several different pages because of session hashes.
          ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
          Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by ManagerJosh
            the sessionhashes are randomly generated. Imagine how many of them if a dozen googlebots visit.

They visit the same page twice, but register it as several different pages because of session hashes.
            You can remove them though
            SR

Comment

Sure it could cause a massive overload on your MySQL database, but the problem has to be with google otherwise it would index them just fine, albeit your server would go kaput(possibly). So what's the problem?
              Seriously! - The Definitive Home of All Things Serious
              Seriously! Forums

To recieve support on these forums, enter your username here.

Comment

So someone ask Google to strip the session ID out of the URL before spidering a page. vBulletin is big enough to make this request of Google.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X