Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to get *paid* users to have certain features?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scott MacVicar
    replied
    http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...threadid=53839

that thread is more or less about it.

Leave a comment:

• feldon23
    replied
    I don't know about the built-in feature in vB3, but you can create countless user groups in vBulletin 2.

For instance, I run a forum which covers a software program. I have a group of beta testers who, when they visit the forum, see an extra forum area "Beta" which they can enter. Non-beta testers cannot see it.

So you could create all kinds of areas and things that only paid members can see and then just go through your user list and change them from the default "Registered" to a new group you would create "Registered+Paid".

Leave a comment:

• traktor
    started a topic How to get *paid* users to have certain features?

How to get *paid* users to have certain features?

Our (fairly new) vBulletin is for musicians interested in two-handed tapping as a method to play guitar and bass. Naturally, we want the forum and other sections like articles to be accessible to the visiting public.

But we'd also like to have some features available only to those who become 'subscribing members' or some such, just so there is an incentive for folks to throw $10 at us toward the costs of webhosting as our bandwidth grows.

The version three announcement which we received spoke of the ability to have *paid for* services. However, in my ignorance, although I have gone through the product improvement list and this forum's threads, I am unable to make the leap to see which features can be enabled only for paid members, or how we go about that.

Is it some new classes of members that we create? Which featues can be coded to only be available to some members? This may be obvious for those with more experience, but I'm missing it. Can somebody spell out, generally, how this is done, and which of the featues would be good bets for paid members only?

We've been pretty well pleased with vB 2.2.6, and our webmaster Billy just upgraded to 2.2.8, apparently without a hitch. And it looks like there's lots of great new stuff coming in version 3. But I'd be grateful if somebody could help me understand this pay for features approach, and how it can be used.

Thank you so much.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X