Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tubedogg
    replied
    The problem with "a simple option" is all these "simple options" add up to a nightmare, both in terms of coding and layout. There are currently 214 options in vB3, as opposed to 171 in vB2.2.8. Many of these are for such things as showing/hiding the AIM, ICQ, Yahoo, and MSN icons, and other things that could easily be handled via template edits. Every time an option is added, it has to be added to a category of options, or a new category has to be added. Figuring out how to group 214 options is a nightmare. And every option adds to the amount of memory and resources that vB takes up, since options have to be loaded globally for every page view.

Leave a comment:

• ccd1
    replied
    IMO, a simple option in the Admin CP would be a lot easier than going through the templates.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    You can edit links to it out of your templates.

Leave a comment:

• ccd1
    replied
    Okay, so I see using it is optional.

Leave a comment:

• ccd1
    started a topic Turn off theaded view?

Turn off theaded view?

There are so many posts on this and all I've been able to find are posts about people liking it or hating it.

For my board, it would make it too complicated to follow, so is there an option to remove threaded view?
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X