php5/mysql5 and 3.0.3 upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• php5/mysql5 and 3.0.3 upgrade

I have an 3.0.3 site that has a lot of installed hacks. It was working fine at the end of 2006. My host had a hardware failure and had to revert to a backup that had something wrong in a phpadsnew db. That problem spiked the server whenever phpadsnew was running. My host suspended my account and told me I had to fix the problem even though they caused it. I had no background in unix, php, or mysql, and didn't have time to learn everything. So the site sat around closed until one month ago.

Now, due to php/mysql upgrades to 5 by the host, I have the known issue with the usercp as well as two issues with the vbadvanced hack, one that was fixed with some code change for php5.

I know that there is no official support of this installation. I know that 3.0.3 did not work with mysql5. I know that I need to upgrade. This is the plan as soon as I verify that the 3.0.3 site still works correctly.

Here's my question. There are options on both mysql5 and on php5 that tell each of these to behave like their version 4 counterparts. Has anyone tried using these options in conjunction with a 3.0.x series vb installation? I know this is a long shot, but the host will not revert the php/mysql versions.
    Huntsville's Premiere Car and Bike e-magazine: www.huntsvillecarscene.com

I think the answer is no, and I think as you indicated, the best solution is simply to document your installed mods, and upgrade to 3.8 and find their 3.6 or up version and upgrade the addons.

Comment

I found the fix to the cmps so that's all working again. I have the fix for the usercp, so I'll apply that and all should be good.

My host rudely told me how they will not help me. I can't wait to get away from them. And they were so highly recommended and are still being recommended on here.
      Huntsville's Premiere Car and Bike e-magazine: www.huntsvillecarscene.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X