Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading to latest stable vB from 3.0.7

Hi,

Can any one give me a quick few details on what I should be doing to upgrade to the latest versions of vB from 3.0.7... Thanks you

I would just upgrade to lastest stable version of 3.6.8 PL2, then a beta version.
    1. You can download a test script to run on your hosts server to see if minimum requirements are compatible with vBulletin version 3.x.x. I would believe they are, as you are running vBulletin version 3 series already. vb_test.php
    2. Shut off your forum from user(s) access.
    3. Download all your files and folders and then create a full database backup (Backing-up your MySQL Database Manually). Use (Backing Up The Database via SSH/Telnet), as it is the most realiable method. Test your newly created database backup. Check all your Catagories, Forums, Threads, Posts, User Cp, Adminastrative / Moderator board functions. This is incase you need to restore the original database backup(Restoring your MySQL Database Manually).
    4. Rename your old online config.php file to config.php.old
    5. Enter information from 3.0.7 config.php to the 3.7.0 Beta 3, then rename config.php.new to config.php
    6. Upload the 3.7.0 Beta 3 files to host server, overwriting the old 3.0.7 files..
    7. You then run the upgrade.php and the process will run you through all the upgrade steps, from 3.0.7 to 3.7.0 Beta 3.
    8. Delete install.php

Backup tools if you do not have SHH access from your host.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X