Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I increase the maxlength of form fields?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I increase the maxlength of form fields?

Right now in Edit Profile, the maxlength of the form fields is 100, but I would like to give people more space to type their Bio, etc. I found the template for this, which says:

Code:
    <td><input type="text" class="bginput" name="$profilefieldname" id="ctb_$profilefieldname" value="$bbuserinfo[$profilefieldname]" size="$profilefield[size]" maxlength="$profilefield[maxlength]" /></td>
    Where is $profilefield[maxlength] defined so I can edit it?

thanks,
    Sarah

Read First Post!

Run Query to Update Text Input Character Lenght for *
    Profile Field(s) selected
    # replace Example: [dbuser_databasename]
    # replace prefix_ if none, then leave blank
    # replace ??? with numerical values for maxlength characters
    # replace W,X,Y,Z with profilefieldi(s) id. number
    Code:
    UPDATE `dbuser_databasename`.`prefix_profilefield` SET `maxlength` = '???' WHERE `prefix_profilefield`.`profilefieldid` IN (W,X,Y,Z)
    Or you can manually edit from each in your 'phpMyAdmin' at profilefield -> maxlength
    Last edited by Jose Amaral Rego; Tue 4 Dec '07, 7:52am. Reason: Added Link

Comment

Don't do it that way!!!

The max length is a setting for each profile field.

AdminCP > User Profile Fields > User Profile Field Manager > *The one you want to change* > Edit > Max length of allowed user input

Change this to whatever you want. You can also switch it to a multiple line text box if you want to allow a lot of input here.
      Kerry-Anne :)

Twitter Blog

www.peterska2.com www.worldnewszone.com www.popularusenetgroups.com www.superclickers.co.uk www.forumsforchrist.com www.browsergameplanet.com

Comment

I thought this was first added to version 3.5 and had no option for this in 3.0.x version. I guess I remeber it wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Kerry-Anne View Post
          Don't do it that way!!!

The max length is a setting for each profile field.

AdminCP > User Profile Fields > User Profile Field Manager > *The one you want to change* > Edit > Max length of allowed user input
          Wow, I feel really dumb, I can't believe I didn't see that. Thanks!

Sarah

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X