Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

mysql lockup / datastore

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • mysql lockup / datastore

    hi,

    I am experiencing mysql lockups under heavy load (well optimized server I think, loads 5.00+). mysql goes to 99.9% cpu usage and all further connection attempts time out.

    I took a look with mysqladmin when it happened and saw a lot of connections with query for the datastore table. all those had to be closed abnormally to get mysql down for a reboot. there where only 4 other active queries and 8 other connections total (persistent is off).

    Any hint on how I can avoid that? Is this a table lockup?

    | 1118495 | user | localhost | database | Query | 167 | | SELECT title, data
    FROM datastore
    WHERE title IN ('options', 'cron', 'forumcache', 'usergrou |
    Last edited by ugr|dual; Mon 28 May '07, 10:49am.

  • #2
    Try updating your config file and datastore cache file to use the file system instead of the database. Perhaps this speeds things up for you.

    Comment


    • #3
      Thanks for the tipp, but how exactly do I do that?

      I see no options regarding this change in the config file.

      Comment


      • #4
        This is a feature from 3.6.7 PL1, I recommend to upgrade.

        Comment


        • #5
          Not a quick option as our system is very huge and VB stock edition is just a part of it.

          any other hints on handling that condition?

          Comment


          • #6
            Please see this thread for help with optimizing your server:

            http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...threadid=70117

            Then post the requested info in a new thread in that forum.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

            Steve Machol Photography


            Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.


            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Floris View Post
              Try updating your config file and datastore cache file to use the file system instead of the database. Perhaps this speeds things up for you.

              i have this in my config.php

              Code:
              $config['Datastore']['class'] = 'vB_Datastore_Filecache';

              and my datastore_cache.php is still over a year old. i set permissions for IUSR to read/write/modify and still... nothing. it is still hitting the database. i have vbulletin 3.6.4.

              Comment


              • #8
                Please start your own thread in the relevant forum for your version.
                Kerry-Anne :)

                Twitter Blog

                www.peterska2.com www.worldnewszone.com www.popularusenetgroups.com www.superclickers.co.uk www.forumsforchrist.com www.browsergameplanet.com

                Comment

                widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X