Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lean
    replied
    can close this off now then ill use support tickets.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    I have responded to your support ticket. Stick with one or the other please.

Leave a comment:

• lean
    replied
    im stuck.

i have the sql database on my desktop, i have installed vbull 3.0.3 so i can upload the database, then i can upgrade it all to 3.6.5 but i haev absolutely NO idea how i get the database on my desktop to the forums? :s totalyl confused now.. sorry but im SO not technical and its showing.

*HELP ANYONE!*

Leave a comment:

• lean
    replied
    oh lord am i dumb yes maybe.. but where do i upload the backup database to? i cant see it in the admin options :\

Leave a comment:

• lean
    replied
    cheers for your help m8

Leave a comment:

• zCarot [RU]
    replied
    Originally posted by lean View Post
    hi sorry just a quick question my sql database (which is empty) is named differently to the one i want to restore - does that matter? or should i rename the backup sql dbase i have? sorry if this is beyond vbull remit for help.

cheers
    Just rewrite config.php with new database. You can restore backup to any database

Leave a comment:

• lean
    replied
    Originally posted by zCarot [RU] View Post
    you don't need to download 3.0.3
    just upload backup, 3.6.5 files and go to install\upgrade.php
    damn ive just reinstalled it now! :\ sorry im not a techy so pretty much do it super safe.

ill rememeber it for nxt time

Leave a comment:

• lean
    replied
    hi sorry just a quick question my sql database (which is empty) is named differently to the one i want to restore - does that matter? or should i rename the backup sql dbase i have? sorry if this is beyond vbull remit for help.

cheers

Leave a comment:

• zCarot [RU]
    replied
    you don't need to download 3.0.3
    just upload backup, 3.6.5 files and go to install\upgrade.php

Leave a comment:

• lean
    replied
    ok i will download the 3.0.3 version right now. cheers

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    No it wont work, you'll have a 3.0.3 database with 3.6.5 tables.

Restore 3.0.3 and upgrade to 3.6.5.

Leave a comment:

• lean
    started a topic will a 3.0.3 backup restore to 3.6.5?

will a 3.0.3 backup restore to 3.6.5?

Hi there,

I want to know will i be able to do a clean install of 3.6.5 and then load up a 3.0.3 sql db backup?

will this work? or do i need to install 3.0.3 then run the back up and install 3.6.5 over the top.. i would prefer to to the former than the latter!
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X