Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• will a 3.0.3 backup restore to 3.6.5?

Hi there,

I want to know will i be able to do a clean install of 3.6.5 and then load up a 3.0.3 sql db backup?

will this work? or do i need to install 3.0.3 then run the back up and install 3.6.5 over the top.. i would prefer to to the former than the latter!

No it wont work, you'll have a 3.0.3 database with 3.6.5 tables.

Restore 3.0.3 and upgrade to 3.6.5.

Comment

ok i will download the 3.0.3 version right now. cheers

Comment

you don't need to download 3.0.3
        just upload backup, 3.6.5 files and go to install\upgrade.php

Comment

hi sorry just a quick question my sql database (which is empty) is named differently to the one i want to restore - does that matter? or should i rename the backup sql dbase i have? sorry if this is beyond vbull remit for help.

cheers

Comment

Originally posted by zCarot [RU] View Post
            you don't need to download 3.0.3
            just upload backup, 3.6.5 files and go to install\upgrade.php
            damn ive just reinstalled it now! :\ sorry im not a techy so pretty much do it super safe.

ill rememeber it for nxt time

Comment

Originally posted by lean View Post
              hi sorry just a quick question my sql database (which is empty) is named differently to the one i want to restore - does that matter? or should i rename the backup sql dbase i have? sorry if this is beyond vbull remit for help.

cheers
              Just rewrite config.php with new database. You can restore backup to any database

Comment

cheers for your help m8

Comment

oh lord am i dumb yes maybe.. but where do i upload the backup database to? i cant see it in the admin options :\

Comment

im stuck.

i have the sql database on my desktop, i have installed vbull 3.0.3 so i can upload the database, then i can upgrade it all to 3.6.5 but i haev absolutely NO idea how i get the database on my desktop to the forums? :s totalyl confused now.. sorry but im SO not technical and its showing.

*HELP ANYONE!*

Comment

I have responded to your support ticket. Stick with one or the other please.
                      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

can close this off now then ill use support tickets.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X