Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disable/Remove "Edit email address" option

Hello,

Under Control Pannel-> Setting & Options-> Edit Email & Password, there is an optional setting that allows users to change their email address (profile.php?do=editpassword).

How can I disable/remove this option? (I'm using vBulletin ver. 3.0.7).

Before we continue I'd like to point out that 3.0.7 is behind many versions, I recommend to upgrade (for security reasons and bugs) to the latest 3.0 version, and invite you to consider moving to 3.6.5.

You could edit the usercp shell template and remove the table row from the menu so they can't click on it. The page can still be called then if they know where to look, but basically if they go to the usercp they can't find it / click it.

Comment

Thanks Floris but this page contain two section: "Edit Password" and "Edit Email Address". I want to remove only the email address option. Is this feasible to do so by edit the source file?

Comment

They are I believe 2 forms, from their template page you can perhaps simply delete the email form.

Comment

The profile.php?do=editpassword doesn't include any reference to these forms. Where can I find them?

Comment

You can try removing this code from the modifypassword template:
            Code:
                        <if condition="$show['edit_email_field']">
                        <fieldset class="fieldset">
                            <legend>$vbphrase[edit_email_address] ($vbphrase[optional])</legend>
                            <table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="$stylevar[formspacer]" border="0">
                            <tr>
                                <td>
                                    <div>$vbphrase[new_email_address]:</div>
                                    <div><input type="text" class="bginput" name="email" value="$bbuserinfo[email]" size="50" maxlength="50" dir="ltr" /></div>
                                </td>
                            </tr>
                            <tr>
                                <td>
                                    <div>$vbphrase[confirm_new_email_address]:</div>
                                    <div><input type="text" class="bginput" name="emailconfirm" value="$bbuserinfo[email]" size="50" maxlength="50" dir="ltr" /></div>
                                </td>
                            </tr>
                            </table>
                        </fieldset>
                        </if>

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X