Telemarketers Help - Urgent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Telemarketers Help - Urgent

There are a number of telemarketers registering and spammimng my board. I guess its becoming popular. I would like to restrict membership by allowing the admins to approve the membership of individuals. I would like the email to go to all of the admins so that any admin can approve a new member how do I do this?

Please help

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> User Registration Options -> Moderate New Members -> Yes

and

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> User Registration Options -> Email Address to Notify About New Members
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

LoRL, well, I have found a better way. I defined a list of words, just like the censored words that vB is replacing with stars. A couple of small routines in functions.php and in functions_newpost.php count the occurences of those words in a new post, and if they exceed a predefined limit, the post is denied and at the same time, the user is banned. No need to bother with those spammers any more.
      John Caradimas

Comment

You should post your modification over at vbulletin.org.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Steve,

I am getting tons of emails regarding new users on a daily basis. How do I decide who joins and who doesn't:

Here is an example of the email I get:

There is a new user, merryjay at omdur.com Discussion Board

To view their profile, go here:

http://www.mugran.com/omdur/board//m...hp?userid=5621

Email Address : [email protected]

Biography :

Comment

Hi Steve,

I have a problem, I moved the discussion board from Mugran.com to Omdur.com. WHen users register they are being redirected to the old DB URL. Please review below:

"
            Dear Alzheimer
            how you doing brother... let me make it clear for you...
            i have a friend of mine who made a registration but he can't complete it because the automatic reply send the old domain - Mugran one just like bellow link:

http://www.mugran.com/omdur/board//...9028&i=79796335

this the link that sent to him... and as you know there is no mugran domain any more... and now he is waiting to complete the registration.
            hope this problem will be fixed soon... if you need any more information please let me know.
            and thanks for your co-operation"

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
              You should post your modification over at vbulletin.org.
              Yes, I should only this little mod is for vB 3.0.xx so I do not see much interest. It is actually integrated with AWS (Advanced Warning System, my hack), but it doesn't require it.
              John Caradimas

Comment

Make sure you have the correct forum URL setting here:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Site Name / URL / Contact Details -> Forum URL

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Thanks Steve,

Yes it was the URL. Thanks for your help.

Ali

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X