Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Browser Crashes and slow loading

vbulletin version= 3.0.7
    I run the above version and some of my users that have fast internet links (DSL, corporate networks, Verizon FIOS, etc) have complained that the page loads slowly.... while others at the same time have no issues. I have at times noticed this as well. The machine is running nothing but one instance of IE60 fully patched. At times their and my browser crashed and sends that report to Microsoft. I remember having the same problem when I used to visit a forum run on vbulletin. The fix was either some plugin or removing a plugin. I dont know if someone has experienced a problem like that. We have ruled out network.

Have you tried upgrading to vBulletin 3.0.14?

Comment

Does that solve this particular issue? I havent even heard of 3.0.14? I hope you are not pulling my leg. if such a version exists is it an easy upgrade or should I wait and just go to 3.5.x? In other words is it a hot fix type upgrade.

Comment

Of course such a version exists. Since we cannot provide support for outdated versions of vB, then first thing you need to do is upgrade to the latest version. In the 3.0 series this isd 3.0.14.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment