Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colin F
    replied
    All you can do is post in the Suggestions forum. The developers decide what features are to be included, depending on various factors.

Leave a comment:

• sinucello
    replied
    Hi Steve,

thanks for your answer. Licences are no problem. Your answer is not very satisfying. I need this feature and I need it to be realized in a stable, business orientated way. So the best thing would be if it could be integrated into the official version. I understand, that you can`t add every single feature a customer request as some of them are not interesting enough for your general target group. But what I miss or don`t yet understand is how features that are interesting for more than just one customer could find their way into the official product. You know, I come from the OS world and that`s probably the reason why I ask strange questions like that.

Given that this feature is not only interesting for me: how can I make you add this into the product? Should I make a call for sponsorship? Should I ask you to make an offer and then either pay it myself or ask other people here in the forum to share the amount of money?

Would be interesting to hear your thoughts and opinions on that topic. I think the product can only benefit from it.

All the best,
    Sacha

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    First, that would require separate licenses for those forums.

Then integrating them this way requires modifying the code. We cannot officially support code modifications or forums running modified code, however you can try searching or asking for help with this over at www.vbulletin.org.

Leave a comment:

• sinucello
    started a topic Mutliple forum using the same user base

Mutliple forum using the same user base

Hi,

recently there is a strong demand for topics that don`t fit in the original concept of my forum. So I`d like to create two more forums but I want the forums to use the same user base as the existing forum. So once you register for any of the forums, you can log in to the other forums, too.

I want to create seperate databases for each forum.

Is there a central authentification mechanism or are there a zillion places that need to be changed?

Your help is appreciated.

All the best,
    Sacha
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X