Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Duplicate) development site

Hi,

I'm planning on setting up a duplicate development site to make sure things go OK as I want to upgrade to V3.5.4 (I'd like to test it out first)

Now I'm planning to copy the database and all the files over to another folder and then hopefully this duplicate forum will start running OK (before I even start the upgrade).

So currently my forum is installed under /forum and I plan to install the development site under say /devlop

However, what are the settings that need to be changed on the development site such that I don't corrupt the original forum (such that it can still continue to run)?

I take it the following have to be updated:

1. Config.php - Edit file to point to the new database instead of the old one

2. vBulletin Options -> Cookies and HTTP Header Options -> Path to Save cookies - This is currently set to '/'3. vBulletin Options -> Cookies and HTTP Header Options -> Path to Save cookies -> Cookie Domain - This is currently set to '.mydomain.com'

4. vBulletin Options -> Server Settings and Optimiszation Options -> Safe Mode Temporary Directory - set to /temp

Anything I have missed?

The forum URL i n the vBulletin Options, but that's pretty much it.
    Please also set up the test environment in a folder called /testvb/ so that we can identify it as a test environment.

Also, make sure to password protect the folder, in accordance with the license agreement. You can do so using .htaccess
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Got a link on how to password protect the folder using .htaccess?

EDIT: Also, will I be able to access the admin panel in order to change the options on the dev forum (after I've updated config.php)?

Comment

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=173296

Yes, you should be able to accses the admin panel without problems.
        Best Regards
        Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

Thanks for the help Colin!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X