Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colin F
    replied
    You can hide forums from general view by setting 'Forum is Active' to No in the forums settings you know... that might be what you're looking for.

For 5, replace this:
    Code:
    <a href="forumdisplay.php?$session[sessionurl]f=$forum[forumid]">$forum[title]</a>
    with:
    Code:
    <if condition="!in_array($forum[forumid], array(4,2,74,23))"><a href="forumdisplay.php?$session[sessionurl]f=$forum[forumid]">$forum[title]</a><else />$forum[title]</if>
    Exchange the numbers in the array() with the forumids of the forums that are not supposed to show up.

Leave a comment:

• laeth
    replied
    Hi Colin,

Forgot to mention that for option 4, the changes need to be made on the forumdisplay page, not the forum home page. Is this still possible?

Specific categories on question 5.

Thanks a lot.

Leave a comment:

• Colin F
    replied
    4. Try this: Replace <if condition="$childforumbits">
    with
    <if condition="$childforumbits AND $forumid != X">

Replace X with the forumid of the category that you don't want to display subforums of.

5. Do you want to do this on all categories or only on one?
    To do it for all of them you can edit your forumhome_subforumbit_post template and remove the <a> tag there.

Leave a comment:

• laeth
    replied
    Hi Colin,

Thanks for the information.

In regards to number 4, do you have any code that I could use to do this? I'm not sure what conditionals I would need to use.

With regards to number 5. If you have a category with 5 child forums, on the forumdisplay.php page the user can see the category (with no icon and a different color background) and the 5 forums below it. I wish to remove the link (so that users can't click and goto a new forumdisplay just showing the 5 child forums) from the categories text. Hm...any clearer?

Leave a comment:

• Colin F
    replied
    Hi

1. You want to collect all the posts made by administrators and display them in a central area? That's not possible with vBulletin. You can add forums that only administrators can post in though.

2. That's not possible without code modification, sorry. You can ask for help with code modification on www.vbulletin.org

3. Nope. See 2.

4. You could do that with a template conditional in your forumhome_forumbit_level1_nopost template

5. I'm not sure what you mean by this, sorry.

Leave a comment:

• laeth
    started a topic Group specific posts.

Group specific posts.

Hi Guys,

I have a few things I need help on:

1: Is it possible to have a forum that has all posts by a specific usergroup in it? For example a forum that has posts by all administrators.

2: Is it possible to have a new thread icon that tells the user if a specific usergroup has posted in a forum/thread? For example a icon that looks like an 'A' that is displayed where the 'hot thread', 'thread closed' etc icons are. If the user clicked on this thread then they would be taken to the post in the thread.

3: Is it possible to search for posts by a specific user group?

4: Is it possible to hide sub forums of a specific category from view (much like when you click the little arrow to the right of the category) all the time, with other sub forums from other categories still viewable?

5: Is it possible to remove the link variable from the category text of specific categories on the forumdisplay page. Not the bread crumb, but the actual listing.

Any help of any of these issues would be greatly appreciated.