ROBOTS.TXT help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ROBOTS.TXT help please

My site is getting HAMMERED by intikomi (what ever that is) and I want it to slow down, will this slow it down???

# robots.txt for http://www.yesfans.com/
    # mail [email protected] for constructive criticism

User-agent: Slurp
    Crawl-delay: 60
    Tim L
    www.yesfans.com

It should, but remember it make take up to 30 days to reget a robots.txt file.

Comment

30 days for that one to see the TXT and adjust?
      Tim L
      www.yesfans.com

Comment

Can Iblock the site to unreg users from seeing it unless they are a member and log in and this specific slurp will see that TXT and slow down??
        Tim L
        www.yesfans.com

Comment

If you only allow users who are registered to view the forums, they will not be able to spider any content at all.

Yes, most SE bots only re-check robots.txt once every few weeks.

Comment

i thought i would add my question to this since its the same subject, i am getting hammered too, 175+ yahoo slurp spiders on top of 100-150+ regular users is slowing things down a bit, what can i do to immedietly get rid of yahoo, just change guest viewing permissions? i hate to do this as we have 30-40 legitimate guests viewing our content but i need to get yahoo gone, any suggestions?

Comment

i added disallow IP# to an htaccess file and the slurp spider immediately started disappearing, next question if anyone knows, if I leave it like this for just a few days will it hurt me any next month when slurp comes around again?

Comment