post-import questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• post-import questions

Looks like my phpbb2 import went smoothly but I notice all my users are now in a "imported users" group. How can I move them all to "registered users" or even take them out of any group completely?

Also, during installation of VB, I had to create a userid/pass for the admin (let's say adminVB). This username differs from the one I adminned with on the phpbb board (adminphpBB). After the import, my old username has no permissions and I'd like to use my old username as the only admin. Is this possible?

To move them all you can simply delete the 'imported users' usergroup, and it'll ask if you want to move them to the 'Registered Users' usergroup.
    They have to be in a usergroup.

Sure, you can merge the two users.
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

Also please view the 'After the Import' instructions here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/i...rsion=30501500
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thanks for the link, I didn't see that in the manual.

Alright, how do I merge my old username and my new one?

Comment

KFJ, what importer did you use to get your db on VB?

Comment

I used the latest impex I guess.

Comment

My latest and definitely not last problem is avatars. I can't get them to show for love or money.

Comment

Originally posted by KungFuJesus
                Alright, how do I merge my old username and my new one?
                Admin CP -> Users -> Merge Users

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by KungFuJesus
                  My latest and definitely not last problem is avatars. I can't get them to show for love or money.
                  Fill out a support ticket at:

http://members.vbulletin.com/members...ontactform.php

Be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP. Please also include a complete description of the problem.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

I'm just going to make my users upload their avatars again. It ain't worth the headache.

As far as merging users, lemme see if I have this right:
                    Source username = old phpbb username, now registered user (ex. Mephpbb)
                    Destination username = VB admin (ex. MeVb)

Will this change MeVb to Mephpbb and retain admin rights? Basically I just want to swap for my old name but not lose admin.

Comment

No. The destination will be the new user. Make sure the destination user is an Admin before you do this.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

ok, will do

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X