Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Copied Production DB to local machine - can't login!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copied Production DB to local machine - can't login!

Hi,

After much effort, I copied my production database to my local machine so I can start work on porting it to 3.5

However, I find I can't login. When I try, It says "Thank you for logging in" but then returns me back to the forumhome or adminhome in a not-logged in status.

Please help!
    Thanks,
    Barry

This is probably a cookie domain/path issue. To fix this, upload the tools.php script in the 'do_not_upload' folder of the vB zip file to your Admin CP directory. Use this to reset the cookie domain and path back to the defaults. And then leave your cookie domain and path at the default settings. There is no reason to change these. If you need to specify a unique cookie, use the cookie prefix setting in config.php instead.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thanks for your pompt reply, Steve.

I don't see an option there that seems to apply. Which option do I pick?

Comment

Originally posted by bchertov
        Thanks for your pompt reply, Steve.

I don't see an option there that seems to apply. Which option do I pick?
        Also, I am running remote production and test boards, and running Local 3.0.6. and 3.5.4 boards. How do I keep all the cookies separate between the boards???

Comment

Can anybody help me??? Please!!!

Comment

Please wait at least 12 hours before bumping your posts.

If you uploaded tools.php correctly and have run it from your browser, you will see the options to reset the cookie domain and path. They are clearly marked under 'Cookies'.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
              Please wait at least 12 hours before bumping your posts.
              Got it. Sorry.

If you uploaded tools.php correctly and have run it from your browser, you will see the options to reset the cookie domain and path. They are clearly marked under 'Cookies'.
              This what I see. Note that its 3.0.1 (though I'm actually running 3.0.6)

I hope 'm not beeing too dense.
              Thanks for you kind support. I appreciate it!

Comment

Download the 3.0.6 zip file and use the tools.php from it.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Download the 3.0.6 zip file and use the tools.php from it.
                  I did. However I'm getting the same result. Here's the header from the file - note that although it says its 3.0.6 the version constant is still defined as 3.0.1. This codes yields the same results as I posted earlier. Perhaps you are thinking of the 3.5 tools.php program? Can I run that on my 3.0.6 system?

Code:
                  /*======================================================================*\
                  || #################################################################### ||
                  || # vBulletin 3.0.6 - Licence Number L4487537
                  || # ---------------------------------------------------------------- # ||
                  || # Copyright ©2000–2006 Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. All Rights Reserved. ||
                  || # This file may not be redistributed in whole or significant part. # ||
                  || # ---------------- VBULLETIN IS NOT FREE SOFTWARE ---------------- # ||
                  || # http://www.vbulletin.com | http://www.vbulletin.com/license.html # ||
                  || #################################################################### ||
                  \*======================================================================*/

error_reporting(E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE);

define('VERSION', '3.0.1');

Comment

Hmmm... there appears to be an issue with the tools.php for that version. Download and use the one for 3.0.13. That should work.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Hmmm... there appears to be an issue with the tools.php for that version. Download and use the one for 3.0.13. That should work.
                      Ah... that did it. Thanks!!!

Now, is there away I can keep the cookies separate for all my boards (production and testvb on the internet (3.0.06), 3.0.6 and 3.5.4 local)???

Thanks!
                      Barry

Comment

Yes, use the 'cookieprefix' setting in config.php and assign a unique cookie prefix for each installation.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Duh... Thanks!
                          That's what I was after by changing the cookie path.
                          You Rock!

Comment

Working...
                          X