Primary and Secondary Usergroups...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primary and Secondary Usergroups...

I have several user groups on my forums. Each user group has it's own "access".

For example - I have a "Chat Monitors" user group that monitors chat and has "Chat monitor" access to chat. I also have a "Forum Host" user group that doesn't have any moderator access to anything, but they do have a "Private Forum" for them to use for discussion.

If I set a members account to one of these user groups as primary and the other as secondary they don't have the permissions for both groups.

I need to have two of my members set up like this (Primary and secondary user groups) and they need all of the permissions for both...am I doing something wrong here, because it's not working!

Thanks in advance,
    Brandy

Make sure that the primary usergroup allows secondary groups. It's a setting near the bottom of the edit usergroup page.
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

Colin,

I can't find the area you're talking about. I only see two area's that mention groups

Allow Users to have Member Groups, which is set to yes.
      Can override primary group title/markup, which I have tried set as yes and no.

I'm feeling pretty stupid here...I really need this to work

Comment

Ah, it's labeled 'Allow Users to have Member Groups'.
        Do you have any hacks/plugins/code modifications?
        If not, start a support ticket please, providing your AdminCP login as well as the login of one of the affected users, and I'll check it out.
        Best Regards
        Colin Frei

Comment

Colin...I'm sorry...either I can't read or its just to darn early in the AM for me - but one of the groups had 'Allow Users to have Member Groups' set as no. I changed it and it works now.

I feel like a tool...I'm sorry

Brandy

Comment

No problem, that's what we're here for
            Best Regards
            Colin Frei

Comment

Working...
            X