Missing "Update Forums" in AdminCP/Update Counters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing "Update Forums" in AdminCP/Update Counters

In the AdminCP, under Update Counters, there is supposed to be an "Update Forums" function to update the thread counts on the forum index page after moving or pruning threads. Went to do this update this morning, and the function is no longer there. "Rebuild Forum Information" is still there, but it's a different function.

I used the "Update Forums" function early last month when I was using vB3.0.8 after archiving a bunch of threads. I upgraded to 3.0.13 at the end of the month. That's the only change I've made.

Am I missing something?

Also...is there a way that some of these counter updates can be run via Scheduled Tasks? Does anyone know if there is anything at vb.org that would enable this?
    Last edited by RedWingFan; Thu 16 Mar '06, 6:05am.

Still there for me, third from the top.
    Try reuploading all the default vBulletin non-image files in ASCII mode, overwriting your current files. Also, turn off plugins globally in your vBulletin Options. Does this problem still occur then?

You'd have to have a small custom script to update the counters via a scheduled task.
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin F
      Still there for me, third from the top.
      Try reuploading all the default vBulletin non-image files in ASCII mode, overwriting your current files.
      No good there--just uploaded all the files again (actually, they're unzipped in another forum directory, and I copied them over again).

For me, the third option from the top is "Rebuild Forum Information". First four on the page are:

Update User Titles
      Rebuild Thread Information
      Rebuild Forum Information
      Fix Broken User Profiles

Also, turn off plugins globally in your vBulletin Options. Does this problem still occur then?
      I'd try that...if this were vB 3.5...

Template issue?

Comment

To be honest, I have no idea what you mean by Update Forums then. What should that function do?
        Best Regards
        Colin Frei

Comment

To be honest, I have no idea what you mean by Update Forums then. What should that function do?
          From the help window, clicking on (?) in AdminCP:

Update Forums:
          This feature will update the information for each forum including: last post info, thread count, and post count. This may need to be done after mass moving / pruning threads and posts.

Further down:

Rebuild Forum Information:
          This feature will update your forum counters and check for orphan moderators. This may need to be run after managing your forums.

Is this just an outdated help window, and Rebuild Forum Information does what Update Forums does?

Comment

To be honest, I expected it to actually

It can't hurt to try running 'rebuild forum information'...
            Best Regards
            Colin Frei

Comment

Well, Colin--that worked. *sigh* It must be an outdated entry in the help file. Maybe I did use Rebuild Forum Information last time.

Thought it was just me, losing my mind again...

Comment

Glad you found it

Could you link to the entry in the help file, so that we can update that?
                Best Regards
                Colin Frei

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X