3.0 vs 3.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.0 vs 3.5

I've seen a lot of web site's lately that have an amazing amount of traffic (500 + members logged on at once) and when i scroll to the bottom, i see "Powered by vBulletin 3.0.4" or something like that. Why is this? Is it because they don't want to pay the 30 bucks to upgrade? or is it because they just decide to wait and wait for a little whil to make sure there's not security bugs...just a curious question.

Some sites have extensive template or codehacks on their vBulletin and by upgrading they'd need to everything over again. Most sites just therefore opt to keep their platform until they have enough time to port over all the codehacks and/or templates.
    ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
    Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

ah yeah that makes sence. Thank you for your reply

Comment

Originally posted by NathanLedet
        I've seen a lot of web site's lately that have an amazing amount of traffic (500 + members logged on at once) and when i scroll to the bottom, i see "Powered by vBulletin 3.0.4" or something like that. Why is this? Is it because they don't want to pay the 30 bucks to upgrade? or is it because they just decide to wait and wait for a little whil to make sure there's not security bugs...just a curious question.
        The problem is, most of these sites would probably upgrade if they could. But when people start to modify there sites, changing code and adding hacks etc. Over time they forget what's been changed in what PHP files and Templates etc.

Which makes it pretty much impossible to upgrade unless they can remember every single change they made from the original default installtion, seeing as many php files have to be overwritten on an update. So they choose to leave alone an stay as they are.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X