Prevent modarators from moving threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prevent modarators from moving threads

Do I have the ability to prevent my moderators from moving threads to a certain forum? That means they will still have the ability to move threads to any other forums except that forum.

I don't believe a Moderator can move a thread to a forum they do not moderate. Check the appropriate Moderator permissions:

Admin CP -> Forums & Moderators -> Forum Manager -> Show All Moderators -> Edit
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

The Moderators can move any thread from the forum they moderate to any other forum! What is use of moving threads then if they are moderating only one forum?

My question is that how to exclude a certain forum from moving threads to it. But it seems that I can't do that.

Comment

Are you saying they can move thread from and to forums they are Moderators of but you don't want them to be able to do this? If not, then I don't understand what you're asking.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Suppose that I have 4 forums on my board: 1, 2, 3, and 4. Forum 1 has a moderator called 'A', forum 2 has a moderator called 'B', 3 & 4 have no moderators. Now moderator 'A' can move threads from forum 1 to any other forum. He can move threads to forums 2, 3 & 4. Modarator 'B' also can move threads to forums 1, 3 & 4, but of course he can't move threads from those forums to forum 2. Is that right till now?

What I want to do is to exclude forum 4 from the moving permission so the moderators can move threads to any other forum except that forum. So in our example moderator 'A' can move threads to forums 2 & 3 only, and moderator 'B' can move to 1 & 3 only.

Comment

Sorry but that confused me. Is moderator 'A' a Super Mod? Is forum 1 a parent forum with subforums? If so, what are the subforums?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

No, suppose that there are no super moderators there, and forum 1 has no subforums. I hope that the picture is clear now.

Comment

I just tested this out and Moderator does have permission (using the default permissions) to move a post from a forum they moderate to one they don't moderate.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

And..? My question is how can I exclude a certain forum from moving threads to it, just like forum 4 in our example.

Comment

Not without modifying the code. We cannot officially support code modifications or forums running modified code, however you can try searching or asking for help with this over at www.vbulletin.org.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Ok thanks. I was just asking if that could be available from the control panel without modifing the code.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X