• Show
Clear All

• Floris
    replied
    I am sorry, then I do not know.

Leave a comment:

• MRGTB
    replied
    I tried that first, but as soon as you enable option and enter that to grab the file name the link no long becomes a link and is just text displayed

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    You can use {param} and {option} You can use one for the url and one for the title.

Leave a comment:

• MRGTB
    started a topic How can I improve this custom vBCode

How can I improve this custom vBCode

I'm using this vBCode below, But I want to try and improve upon the code, maybe by using some kind of JavaScript in the code to take it's functionality further.

Code:
    <font color="red"><b>eD2K Link:</b></font> <a href="{param}" target="_self">Add To eMule</a>
    Here is one thing I want to do, I want to grab the link title name, instead of displaying "Add To eMule".

I tried using this:

Code:
    <font color="red"><b>eD2K Link:</b></font> <a href="{param}" target="_self">{param}</a>
    But rather than grabbing the link name only, it grabs the whole link title instead, which is too long.

For example if the link was this.

Code:
    ed2k://|file|Teach.yourself.electricity.and.electronics.pdf|7401398|BCA9B416C6F71C823D8C67E42B8A020E|/
    I only want to grab the title as the link name shown on the board which I've highligthted in red, and not the whole link code name. Is there anyway to do this using vBCode with some JavaScript included to filter out only the name as link title. Removing the "ed2k://|file|" and "|7401398|BCA9B416C6F71C823D8C67E42B8A020E|/" bits.

Code:
    ed2k://|file|Teach.yourself.electricity.and.electronics.pdf|7401398|BCA9B416C6F71C823D8C67E42B8A020E|/
    Last edited by MRGTB; Wed 22 Feb '06, 4:34am.