How to Merg two VB3 message boards ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Merg two VB3 message boards ?

Can it be done ? If so what is needed & will both boards losse any data ?

Both database are in the same host account.

You can use ImpEx (downloadable from the members area) to merge 2 boards. At this time ImpEx only supports merging into a vB3.5 board.
    Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
    Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

Originally posted by MarcoH64
      You can use ImpEx (downloadable from the members area) to merge 2 boards. At this time ImpEx only supports merging into a vB3.5 board.
      so i cant merg it into 3.0.12 ?

Comment

or can i merg them into the 3.5 then down grade to 3.0.12 would that work?

Comment

Sorry no, you can not downgrade.

Is there any reason you want to stay on 3.0?
          Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
          Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

Theres few hacks that i need and they dont work on 3.5.x

Comment

How would i merg 2 3.0.12 into 3.5.3 ?

Comment

Use Impex.

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/i...rsion=30501500
                Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

but dosent say anything about merging 2 forums

Comment

Can some one do it for me ?

Comment

You use Impex to import data from one forum to another. We do not have an import service available at this time, but we are available for help and support if you need it.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

thanks for the fast reply,but i ahve another question before i start to import from one to the other board.will it replace the users with the news or would they get new user ids ?

Comment

If you import users with the same email address, they will be merged. If they don't have the same address but they do have the same name, the imported ones will get a new userid and the name will have 'imported_' added to the front of it.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

so wat if they dont have the same email address or the same name would they get new id ?

Comment

Yes. Or you can use the Associate Users function in Impex. Have you looked at the documentation yet?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X