Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Users Awaiting Email Confirmation - (12 months late?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation - (12 months late?)

Hello,

Not sure if this is a problem or not but I have enabled the feature to ensure users have to activate their account. The majority of users do - however there are a number who don't.

Now I have been to:

Admin > Usergroups > Usergroup Manager > Users Awaiting Email Confirmation > Display primary users

and can see around 50 who haven't activated. That isn't the problem - the problem is there are about 5 users who signed up today and have "Join date" of 17/02/06 and "Last activity" 17/02/07. Obviously this date hasn't happened yet so I am curious out know why that would that be happening? Is that a bug? Anything I can do to solve that?

Thanks in advance.

S

I can not reproduce this on a 3.5.3 board.
    If you can reproduce this on an unmodified vB3.5.3 board with no Plugins running and a default Style, you could create a bugreport.
    Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
    Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

Was probally registered during a time when the time was off on your server.

Comment

Zachery,

That is the weird thing - there was other sign ups on the same date (like today) and they showed the correct dates for both (join date and last accessed).

Is there a possibility that if a user has an incorrect date assigned on their PC (like the date set 1 year in advanced) it could an issue?

The fact that these dates are 12 months in advance - will this cause problems for users when they try to log in?

Thanks

S

PS - I am running v3.08 and is why I pasted this here in this forum

Comment

Nope,the time is _always_ taken from the server. Hmm, not sure, you can just edit it and put his join date to 06 instead of 07 via the admincp.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X