mysql error 1054: Unknown column 'thread.threadid' in 'on clause'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mysql error 1054: Unknown column 'thread.threadid' in 'on clause'

This error is happening whenever someone who is logged in clicks the "User CP" link. The forum has functioned perfectly for about a year before this started happening. I did a Repair/Optimize and this error still comes up, though the repair says that a number of tables give a "Warning: 2 (or whatever #) clients are using or haven't closed the table properly". There are no mods or hacks. Any ideas? Will an upgrade fix this?

Code:
    Database error in vBulletin 3.0.3:

Invalid SQL: 
        SELECT thread.threadid, thread.forumid
        FROM thread AS thread, subscribethread AS subscribethread
        LEFT JOIN deletionlog AS deletionlog ON(deletionlog.primaryid = thread.threadid AND type = 'thread')
        WHERE subscribethread.threadid = thread.threadid
        AND subscribethread.userid = 1
        AND thread.visible = 1
        AND lastpost > 1140075653
        AND deletionlog.primaryid IS NULL

mysql error: Unknown column 'thread.threadid' in 'on clause'

mysql error number: 1054
    Thanks,
    Julian

Someone did something to cause this. Have there been any changes at all? If not, I suggest you upgrade to 3.0.12, which you should do anyway because of security issues with your version. Since you don't have any hacks installed there is no reason to delay upgrading and protecting your forums.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Check your database if the threadid column is still in the thread table. This almost look like the column don't exist anymore.
      Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
      Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

mysql error 1054

We are having the same problem. We just upgraded to 3.5.3 and my e mail box is gitting flooded with this error. Our site has no hacks installed, so I am not sure what to do next. How would some one find paid support on some thing like this?

Database error in vBulletin 3.5.3:

Invalid SQL:
        SELECT
        userfield.*, usertextfield.*, user.*, UNIX_TIMESTAMP(passworddate) AS passworddate,
        IF(displaygroupid=0, user.usergroupid, displaygroupid) AS displaygroupid, avatar.avatarpath, NOT ISNULL(customavatar.avatardata) AS hascustomavatar, customavatar.dateline AS avatardateline, customprofilepic.userid AS profilepic, customprofilepic.dateline AS profilepicdateline
        FROM user AS user
        LEFT JOIN userfield AS userfield ON (user.userid = userfield.userid)
        LEFT JOIN usertextfield AS usertextfield ON (usertextfield.userid = user.userid) LEFT JOIN avatar AS avatar ON (avatar.avatarid = user.avatarid) LEFT JOIN customavatar AS customavatar ON (customavatar.userid = user.userid) LEFT JOIN customprofilepic AS customprofilepic ON (user.userid = customprofilepic.userid)
        WHERE user.userid = 48

mysql error: Unknown column 'customavatar.avatardata' in 'field list'

mysql error number: 1054

Date: Sunday 19th of February 2006 09:39:50 AM
        Script: http://www.justalaska.net/member.php?userid=48
        Referer:
        Username: Unregistered
        IP Address: 66.249.65.9
        Some where in Alaska.

Comment

That is a different error. In the future please start your own thread.

However your error is because you have not uploaded the original vB 3.5.3 files. If you need further help, please start a new thread.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

And if you have uploaded all vB3.5.3 files, then you didn't run the upgrade script.

The column name changed between 3.0 and 3.5 and will be renamed to avatardata' by the upgrade script.
            Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
            Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

I'm having the exact same issue as the first in this thread. I'm running version 3.0.7. I found out that the version of MySQL was upgraded to version 5.1.6, and the problem started occurring around this time.

I also had a problem related to this with vBAdvanced CMPS, and I found the solution here:
              http://www.vbadvanced.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12197

I can open a support ticket, but just wondering if anyone has looked into the MySQL version and whether it may have changed on your server prior to this error message starting?

Comment

I found a fix for it. Definitely has to do with the version of MySQL.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...hread.threadid

Comment

That link might fix it for people using 3.5.1+ but how can I fix it for a 3.0.7 board with an expired license? From what I've read the problem is a MySQL syntax change. My board is brand new just installed (and downloaded from vbulletin.com) a couple hours ago with 0 posts and everything else works fine.

Comment

Why did you just install 3.0.7? We can't really provide much suupport for that version any more.

As for 3.0.7, perhaps it just isn't compatible with the latest versions of MySQL. It is an out-dated verssion.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Here's how I fixed it in 3.0.7. Apologies to the admins if I'm not supposed to post this here.

In FORUMROOT/usercp.php

Find (in at least two places):
                      FROM " . TABLE_PREFIX . "thread AS thread,
                      " . TABLE_PREFIX . "subscribethread AS subscribethread
                      Change to:
                      FROM (" . TABLE_PREFIX . "thread AS thread,
                      " . TABLE_PREFIX . "subscribethread AS subscribethread)
                      Good luck!
                      Michael
                      http://vfrworld.com

Comment

You should try upgrading to 3.0.12 or 3.5.3.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                          Why did you just install 3.0.7? We can't really provide much suupport for that version any more.

As for 3.0.7, perhaps it just isn't compatible with the latest versions of MySQL. It is an out-dated verssion.
                          I installed 3.0.7 because it was the newsest I am allowed to download because my updates have expired but I have a owned licence.

Originally posted by volarium
                          Here's how I fixed it in 3.0.7. Apologies to the admins if I'm not supposed to post this here.

In FORUMROOT/usercp.php

Find (in at least two places):

Change to:

Good luck!
                          Michael
                          http://vfrworld.com
                          Thanks for the post I will do that if my support ticket attempt doesn't solve the problem.

Comment

You should renew your download access, 3.0.7 has a number of security issues.

Comment

I have applied all the security patches since 3.0.7, and the fix volarium posted works perfectly.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X