Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone. I was wondering if there is a way to extend the time a member can view new posts. Someone told me they saw a new post that they were interested in replying to but could not reply right then. They came back later and it was gone. I suppose it is set so when you see the new post that it gets removed from the list.

Is there a way to keep the new posts up for longer and have them stay for awhile even if the member already read it.

Thank you!

In vBulletin version 3.5.3 you can choose which Thread Marking System you wish to use. Cookie or Database based. I recommend to upgrade. I believe version 3.0 only supports cookie based.
    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I am running version 3.08 planning on upgrading to 3.0.12 because our forum skin will likely not work with 3.53.

Where in the Admin control panel is this setting though in 3? I will check if it only lets you base it on cookies.

Comment

You cannot do this in vB 3.0.x. You will need to upgrade to 3.5.3 to get this function.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X