Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Request Data (sending requests to php via a URL)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Request Data (sending requests to php via a URL)

I have a custom userfield that I want member to change on the fly. I dont want them to enter the options page click on the radio button and hit submit. I would like the page to look one way and then there is a change link that changes that page.
    So far when I type:
    Code:
    www.mypage.com/forums/profile.php?do=updateoptions&field31=2
    It just comes back blank.

Can this be done?
    Last edited by John Campbell; Sat 18 Feb '06, 11:19am.

Oh and I would like the page to return to the orginal page where the click originated from...

Comment

any help would be great!

Comment

Sorry, I don't understand what you are asking.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

a clickable url that has all the paramaters within it.

Code:
          http://www.mysite.com/forums/memberlist.php?do=getall&page=1&pp=25&order=desc
          This url link would pull up users 25 per page in desc order...
          I would like something like this for a custom profile field.

They automatically get the raido selected as "whatever" once they click.
          I can have on and off by template conditions.

This is good for a user who can simply click turn off PM from a link within private.php template or something to that effect.

or ignore this user and all the users id is in the url link they dont have to go to pages and click yes or no.

Comment

Since this is about custom coding, i suggest you try asking at our coding community at vbulletin.org.
            Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
            Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

did you read the posts? This isnt anthing to do with hacking. These paramaters are already set in vb I left examples.... I would like to do the same for private messages.

Comment

It's a bit difficult to understand what you are asking but to the best of my knowledge, this part requires modifying the code:

They automatically get the raido selected as "whatever" once they click. I can have on and off by template conditions.

This is good for a user who can simply click turn off PM from a link within private.php template or something to that effect.
                Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment