Moved to new server, avatars scrambled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moved to new server, avatars scrambled

I moved to a new sever, and now my avatars and attachments are scrambled: http://www.sbtontheweb.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26471

Anyone seen this before?

What is the vB version of your old server?
    What is the MySQL version of old & new server?
    How did you transfer the database.
    Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
    Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

vb 3.03 with patches

mysql 4.1.16 old, 4.1.12 new (have to upgrade later today)

transfered via bash ftp using -rp

Comment

You transfered the raw database files with FTP, or did you create a backup and transfered the backup file?

Did you apply the 3 ALTER TABLE changes as suggested in the vB3.0.8 release anouncement prior to make the backup on the old board?

vB3.0.8 Announcement: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...ht=ALTER+TABLE
        Changes for MySQL 4.1 Support

As many people have discovered, MySQL 4.1 disagrees with the method used by vBulletin 3.0.x to store attachments, avatars, profile pictures and any other binary data stored in the database, resulting in what appears to be corrupt data.

The 3.0.8 upgrade script runs several queries to resolve this problem, meaning that attachments and avatars etc. will function properly with MySQL 4.1.

Once again, these changes are already included in vBulletin 3.5.

The queries we run are as follows:
        1. ALTER TABLE attachment CHANGE filedata filedata MEDIUMBLOB NOT NULL, CHANGE thumbnail thumbnail MEDIUMBLOB NOT NULL;
        2. ALTER TABLE customavatar CHANGE avatardata avatardata MEDIUMBLOB NOT NULL;
        3. ALTER TABLE customprofilepic CHANGE profilepicdata profilepicdata MEDIUMBLOB NOT NULL;
        Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

I used mysqldump, then transfered the .sql files, yes.

I was not aware of the table changes, that looks like the problem. I'll run them, and retransfer the tables, see what happens. Thanks!

Comment

No problem, please let us know if it fixed your problem.

Comment

OK - I can't get back to the old admincp, because the dns has already updated. SO I can't run the changes and retransfer - but I really should need to, since I was running 4.1.16 on the old to begin with and it had no issues.

I ran the changes on the new sever, but nothing changed. I'm upgrading to 4.1.16 on the new box right now to see if that will do the trick.

Comment

The changes will need to be done before the backup is made.

If you can get in the old board by domainname, there are still some options:
                - Go to old board by IP-address. Typically you will need to use an url like: http://1.2.3.4/~oldserveraccountname
                - Login to your oldserver phpMyAdmin, and run the 3 queries from there.
                - Login to the shell with SSH to old server, start:
                mysql -u username -p databasename
                Then on the SQL prompt run the 3 updat es.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X