How Do You Make A Scaleable Header?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Do You Make A Scaleable Header?

On this site I frequent I noticed they have a header that matches the forum width and its scaleable. How do they do that and how do they make their ad banners float over the header? Thanks

Example:
    www.canadasportbike.com
    www.northernanimation.com www.dakota-poker.com

Originally posted by PUREVIL
    On this site I frequent I noticed they have a header that matches the forum width and its scaleable. How do they do that
    [table width="90%"]. That code is used for the header and forum tables, meaning they will be the same width. the "%" scales it depending on the browser's width.

and how do they make their ad banners float over the header? Thanks
    [td background="foo.jpg"]. Because it's a background to the table (rather than an image insert), anything you put over it like text, images etc. will "float"

Comment

I understand that you can set the table to whatever %. But how do they get it so the header banner has a certain section that remains a set size and then has a section that scales to fit the width? It looks like a 2 part banner one part stays the same and the other scales is what Im getting at.

Example www.canadasportbike.com they have the middle section that is set and then the sides scale with the browser. I hope that makes sense... hahaa

I tired using the image as a background but I think I got it wrong.... I hate to ask but can someone post the code how it should look? thanks.
      Last edited by PUREVIL; Thu 16 Feb '06, 3:51pm.
      www.northernanimation.com www.dakota-poker.com

Comment

Originally posted by PUREVIL
        On this site I frequent I noticed they have a header that matches the forum width and its scaleable. How do they do that and how do they make their ad banners float over the header? Thanks

Example:
        www.canadasportbike.com
        PM me and I'll tell ya what you need to know.
        canadasportbike.com

Comment

Just post this in out thread.
          http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...99#post1086899

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X