Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Desibabu19
    replied
    I have Vbulletin 3.6.4 and we are in year 2007.

The WYSISYG editor of VB even today collapses multiple spaces, tabs etc into a single space.

MSN Groups editor which looks very similar to this one does not collapse spaces.

It is working as designed. If you don't believe me, create a web page with those spaces and see what happens.
    It may be working as designed, but I do not believe that that is what the customers / users were questioning. They were pointing out how it is different and not desirable.

If it is working as designed, then the design requirements is what is being questioned.

I would suggest to use a MSN group forum and paste something with spaces there and see. That is what is being requested.
    It will be useful. Without that, even though to you it may be working as designed, the customers will view it as a deficiency.

Desibabu19

Leave a comment:

• JohnK
    replied
    I know this an old thread, but . . .
    Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
    And I don't know anything about WowBB to even speculate what they are doing. Sorry.
    It only takes a few seconds to look at the source and see that they are using non-breaking spaces. Don't know if VB can do this though.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Yes, I know what you are asking.

And I don't know anything about WowBB to even speculate what they are doing. Sorry.

Leave a comment:

• tsptom
    replied
    I guess I don't get it (or you don't get what I'm asking ).

WowBB does it like this...
    http://www.wowbb.com/forums/view_top...425&forum_id=6

That's what I'm looking for.

Thanks,

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    It is working as designed. If you don't believe me, create a web page with those spaces and see what happens.

Leave a comment:

• tsptom
    replied
    test1 test2 (after 20 spaces)
    test3 test4 (5 spaces)

I don't think it is Word. The first 2 tests have 20 spaces in between them. #3 and 4 have 5 spaces. I just typed it here without Word.

Can you please post something with more than 1 white space between the words so I can see it?

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    This is a Word issue. MS Word adds a lot of hidden garbage that cannot be readily translated into vB Code or even decent HTML.

Leave a comment:

• tsptom
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve Machol
    What white space exactly?
    If I were to cut and paste some data formatted in columns from a Word document, for example, the columns do not translate into the vbulletin editor.

This...

Test1 test2 test3

...was actually created with columns having several spaces between the words in a Word document. When cut and pasted here, only one space shows.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    What white space exactly?

Leave a comment:

• tsptom
    replied
    bump

Leave a comment:

• tsptom
    replied
    vb 3.5.2

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    What verison of vBulletin are youbusing?

Leave a comment:

• tsptom
    started a topic White Space WYSIWYG

White Space WYSIWYG

I thought I had all this set but I still can't get posts into wysiwyg format. White space is being ignored. I see that is true here as well.

How do you add spaces between words when needed?

Thanks.
Working...
X