Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I set cookies to be off by default?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I set cookies to be off by default?

Hey all,

I want to change the login section such that the "Remember Me" checkbox is disabled by default. I'm assuming this will be set in a template in my style, but I can't find it. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance!

It is located in the navbar template. However, I'd generally suggest leaving this checked.

Comment

Why do you recommend leaving it checked? It seems to be unchecked by default on this board. The reason I want to uncheck it is for security reasons. There are a lot of users on my board who jump around from computer to computer, and they don't want others to be able to get access to their account simply because they forgot to log out.

Comment

This was changed in 3.5.x due to similar thinking Gauge, thats why it's like this by default here.

To uncheck the box by default, browse to the admin cp. Head to this page:

Admin cp home -> style manager

Find the style you wish to edit and select "Edit templates" from the drop down menu.

In the new selection menu find the template group "Navigation / Breadcrumb Templates" and double click on it to expand the template set. There should now be two templates listed under the group "Navigation / Breadcrumb Templates", these templates are "navbar" and "navbar_link". We will be editing the "navbar" template so double click on it to bring up the html code.

In this html code you'll need to find the following bit of code:

HTML Code:
        <td class="smallfont" colspan="2" nowrap="nowrap"><label for="cb_cookieuser_navbar"><input type="checkbox" name="cookieuser" value="1" tabindex="3" id="cb_cookieuser_navbar" accesskey="c" checked="checked" />$vbphrase[remember_me]</label></td>
        Change it to:

HTML Code:
        <td class="smallfont" colspan="2" nowrap="nowrap"><label for="cb_cookieuser_navbar"><input type="checkbox" name="cookieuser" value="1" tabindex="3" id="cb_cookieuser_navbar" accesskey="c" />$vbphrase[remember_me]</label></td>
        That should do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Gauge
          Why do you recommend leaving it checked? It seems to be unchecked by default on this board. The reason I want to uncheck it is for security reasons. There are a lot of users on my board who jump around from computer to computer, and they don't want others to be able to get access to their account simply because they forgot to log out.
          The people in mass who now appear to have login problems. I believe its just easier for it to be left checked.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X