Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guest users cannot view threads

Hi everyone.

I have searched for this problem, and being a semi-advanced user of vbulleting, i am at my wits end. Hence I would appreciate if anyone here could help me out with this problem i'm having.

Essentially, Unregistered / Not Logged In users (i.e. users that have not logged in) cannot view individual threads in the forum despite having the correct permissions. They can view the forum, and its constituent threads, but when they click on the thread to see posts, they get the signin page.

The forum permissions are set to default for the usergroup (Unregistered / Not Logged In), and the default Forum Viewing Permissions for this group are

Can View Forum Yes
    Can View Others' Threads Yes
    Can See Deletion Notices No
    Can Search Forums Yes
    Can Use Email to Friend No
    Can Download Attachments No

What on earth am I doing wrong here?

I can provide further info if you want it.

Thanks for all your help, its probably a really stupid mistake on my part.

Can everyone please disregard this thread, (unless your stupid like me and made the same mistake)

Basically some weeks back, i had installed Gary Kings mod that disallows guests to view threads, and when uninstalling it, i didn't fully undo changes i made to the files showthread.php

Sorry to waste your time and thanks all the same

Comment

Not a problem Just remember hacks are the devil

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X