Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• board/system emails

sorry to bring this up again but needs must

my server people block emails from '[email protected]' it is my understanding that this is the starting point for mails sent out by the board

now the easy answer is to move servers - dont want to do that, next option is to move to 3.5 and use smtp emails - have tested that and it works - but dont want to do that yet, there are also addons to version3 that are said to add smtp mai, tried that and got nowhere

so a stupid question - yes i know vbulletin do not support code changes go to......etc but would a simple code chage answer my problem

i am assuming that the name 'nobody' is embedded in the vb code, could that be changed to something else to get round the block at the server or am i being far too symplistic

thanks

tony

The 'nobody' comes from the server, not vB. vB uses the webmaster's email for the FROM field.

You can try this to see if it helps:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Server Settings and Optimization Options -> Enable "-f" Parameter -> Yes
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

thanks Steve, thought my thinking was too simple

have tried the -f thing, it helps in that it sends mails to me as webmaster but not to the poster

looks like the upgrade to 3.5 is more urgent than i would like it to be

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X