Accommodating new server installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accommodating new server installation

Our webmaster, who I assist by running his msg board, has installed a new server for our entire web site (DyeStat.com). I didn't think I was going to have to make any adjustments for our msg board, but now I'm seeing that I'm not getting any "report post" or private message notifications and that my post times are 6 hrs. off even though I'm still set to EST. Do I need to enter our new incoming mail server and stuff like that somewhere?

We are Track Talk, running 3.0.7. Sorry for the ignorance and thanks for the help.

Steve

Help! Help!

Comment

First, please wait at least 12 hours before bumping your posts.

Second, upgrade to 3.0.11. There are known bugs and security issues with 3.0.7.

If you still have problems after this, report back and include a llink to your forums.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thanks for the reply, but I'm not sure what you mean about waiting 12 hrs. before bumping.

I don't know if I can get my webmaster/editor-in-chief to upgrade. What's the cost involved? You can PM me if necessary. We just upgraded to 3.0.7 in April after a long time with an old version; I think we understood this would hold us for awhile. If we upgrade, it should be to 3.0.11 instead of 3.5.2?

Also, is the upgrade something I can do? I'm the msg bd. admin, but I don't have anything downloaded on my actual computer; it's my webmaster's.

Finally, since all of this started when we went to our new servers, isn't it likely that caused the problem? Sorry to ask so many questions; I'm generally functional with this, but probably not quite as savvy as I need to be.

addy is dyestat.com/forum

Comment

You waited less than 6 hours before replying to your own post with 'Help! Help". That's bumping.

The cost to upgrade, if any, depends on the type of license and license status. If it's an active owned license then there is no cost to upgrade. Also all customer do the upgrade themselves with no problems.

Yes, some of the problem may be server related but some may be due to bugs in your older version of vB and specific to that server. Upgrading to the latest stable version is the first step in troubleshooting this, plus is plugs a security hole in 3.0.7.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X