new forum, all posts going to moderation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new forum, all posts going to moderation

I made a new forum for regular members that are active. I wanted it so that only they can view and post on the forum.

So i made a new promotion with minimum few hundred posts for that "Regular" usergroup.

Now I made a forum with only "Regular" as the ones with access to the forum and I checked and double checked that "ALways moderate this usergroup" is set to NO.

But still, ALL the new posts and threads go in moderation.

and when i checked the moderate threads, for some odd reasons, I found bunch of threads in the popular forum categories that needed moderating. I have NEVER Set any group to "YES" for "always moderate this usergroup.

Check ALL the usergroup permissions for that forum. One of the usergroups they are in has Follow Forum Moderation Rules set to 'No'.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

wait.

where exactly do i check that? Under Usergroups? or under "View permission" under "Forum manager".

And am I looking for "Follow FOrum Moderation Rules" or "Always moderate this group"? Because I don't know where follow forum mod. rules are

Comment

Sorry, Ok I did that and it works great. One more question.

If I sign out, I can't view that forum which I understand. but which option can I change so that I can view taht forum on main page but CANNOT view the threads or posts in that forum?

Comment

Can View Forum -> Yes
          Can View Thread Content -> No
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Working...
          X