X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zachery
    replied
    Originally posted by MixMakers
    Thanks, I'll do all those things. Also, I just noticed that my censored words have been changed. Isn't that an option that can only be edited by the Admin?
    It can only be edtied by users who are administrators or who would have direct access to the database.

Thats why now you want to secure yourself. After your secured I can take a look though an apache log if you'd like me to to see if the user got in that way.

Leave a comment:

• MixMakers
    replied
    Originally posted by Zachery
    Theres alot of posabilties. However, now that you are comprimised you should do the following.

1. Revert to a backup, both files and database, the database if possible moreso than the files.
    2. Upgraded to the latest stable version (3.0.10 or 3.5.1)
    3. Don't install any hacks / code modifications / plugins.
    4. htaccess your admincp / modcp
    5. Change your passwords as well as your mods passwords
    6. Ensure that your ftp and host is secure as well..
    Thanks, I'll do all those things. Also, I just noticed that my censored words have been changed. Isn't that an option that can only be edited by the Admin?

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    Theres alot of posabilties. However, now that you are comprimised you should do the following.

1. Revert to a backup, both files and database, the database if possible moreso than the files.
    2. Upgraded to the latest stable version (3.0.10 or 3.5.1)
    3. Don't install any hacks / code modifications / plugins.
    4. htaccess your admincp / modcp
    5. Change your passwords as well as your mods passwords
    6. Ensure that your ftp and host is secure as well..

Leave a comment:

• MixMakers
    started a topic Possible hacker.

Possible hacker.

A supermod of my forums account got hacked and the hacker ended up deleting 100's of threads. So I thought okay, no big deal. We'll just rebuild. But then I also found out one of my protective passwords forums password has been changed. From my understanding, this can only be done from the admin account? I'm not sure what to do. Any help would be appreciated.

edit- Also, for some reason the IP checker doesn't work too well. We looked up the IP of the account that got hacked, and it was the exact same as it has always been. Then I logged into the account and had another mod check the IP and it was still the same?
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X