mysql error number: 1226

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mysql error number: 1226

My db is perpetually shutting down. Example Error messages are below. It looks to be the Cron Jobs are trying to run and my crappy web host's limit is causing the db to shut down. It's been down for hours now. What can I do to temporarily "fix" this until I can move to a decent web host???

Invalid SQL:
    SELECT title, data
    FROM vb3_datastore
    WHERE title IN ('options', 'cron', 'forumcache', 'usergroupcache',
    'stylecache', 'userstats', 'birthdaycache', 'maxloggedin', 'iconcache',
    'eventcache', 'mailqueue')

mysql error: User 'slotcari_vBf' has exceeded the 'max_questions'
    resource (current value: 50000)

Database error in vBulletin :

Invalid SQL:
    SELECT title, data
    FROM vb3_datastore
    WHERE title IN ('options', 'cron', 'forumcache', 'usergroupcache',
    'stylecache', 'iconcache', 'mailqueue')

I doubt the scheduled tasks are causing this. One thing you can do is disable searching until you find a decent host.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I'm having this same problem. My web host doesn't seem to be able to resolve it and today they can't seem to figure out how to get the system to come back up. The forum has been fine for months and this suddenly started happening on Monday. I upgraded to 3.0.11 yesterday but it hasn't helped. I'm using Ipowerweb as my host. If I need to switch, who can you recommend that understands vbulletin and has good support?

And in the meantime, what does my host need to do to get my system up and running again?

Comment

Does your error report tell you what the Max Query limit is like below? Are you using the VDeck control panel? And, can you create your own database users?

Comment

I am using Vdeck and I just implemented the fix I found on another thread about creating more users. The board came back up as soon as I did that. The host does have a 50k limit. Everything seems to be working okay now but it's been crashing all week so I'm nervously watching and waiting.

Comment

Great, it's probably the same thing that I did. An arrary of db users. The vB forum that I'm working on usually has 30-50 online at any given moment. I initially created 6 bd users. And, exactly one week later the db shut down again throwing the same 1226 error code. That was very frustrating because I really thought that I was out of the woods on this. So, I added 5 more db users for a total of 11. Haven't had the problem since. If I ever get to having 20 db users I will insist to the site owner that it be moved to a dedicated server. Do you know how to manually restart the databases using the VDeck CP if it shuts down? Also, I suggest running VB's db repair utility after a shut down. You may have to run it 2-3 times to clear any errors.

Comment

I only created 4 users per the script that was posted. Sounds like I better create more. I often have 30+ people online at a time.

Do you know how to manually restart the databases using the VDeck CP if it shuts down?

I haven't been able to figure out how to do that. My host's tech support people couldn't seem to bring it up either. But when I created the additional users it came back immediately.

Do you know if this is also an issue with version 3.5x? I'm on 3.0.11 and wondering whether it's worth upgrading.

Comment

Steve, I'm currently running 3.0.8 . I have been reading about 3.5.x I'm sure that you and I will have the same issue with that version. It's just iPower's query restriction. The only real way around it with iPower is to use a dedicated server.

Manually restarting the database is easy. I'm surprised that people you spoke with couldn't get it to restart. I've had nothing but luck with their tech support.

To restart the dbs go to your VDeck cp click Host Manager>>>Databases>>>Setup>>> Then click 'edit' for your vB db. When you get in, you will see all of you db users listed. Next check "Select All" for all of your users (even if all of the other check boxes are selected) then click update. Your db should restart. Only once did I have to perform this two times. When you added users to the dbs recently you effectively restarted the db.

Later this evening I will post the array that I'm using just in case you or someone else needs it.

Comment

Sorry I didn't post this last night. Got too busy. But, here it is...

PHP Code:
                  // ****** DATABASE USERNAME & PASSWORD ******
                  // This is the username and password you use to access MySQL.
                  // These must be obtained through your webhost.
                  $users[] = 'xxxxxx_xxx';
                  $users[] = 'xxxxxx_xxx1';
                  $users[] = 'xxxxxx_xxx2';
                  $users[] = 'xxxxxx_xxx3';
                  $users[] = 'xxxxxx_xxx4';
                  $users[] = 'xxxxxx_xxx5';
                  $users[] = 'xxxxxx_xxx6';
                  $users[] = 'xxxxxx_xxx7';
                  $users[] = 'xxxxxx_xxx8';
                  $users[] = 'xxxxxx_xxx9';
                  $users[] = 'xxxxxx_xxx10';
                  $dbusername $usersrand(0, (count($users) - 1)) ];
                  $dbpassword 'xxxxxxx';
                  // ****** DATABASE NAME ****** 

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X