Created thread not there?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Created thread not there?!

I'm getting lots of reports that people's browsers are timing out when posting threads. When they retry, vB tells them the thread already exists, but it is invisible.
    I have seen several instances of threads with no posts.
    It's almost like when posting a new thread, the thread row is created but the post row is not. Any ideas?
    Also, is there a quick way to remove threads with no posts?
    TIA.
    Stuart Wright, founder AVForums.com. [strike]13[/strike] 15 million posts and counting.
    vBulletin user from 2001. We stopped upgrading vB at 3.8.2 and sadly we're going no further.

Can you duplicate this problem? Have you installed any hacks?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

You know we have dozens of hacks, Steve
      It seems to take a long time when posting a very long post. It has HTML in it aswell. I was wondering whether the parser might be struggling to finish its work on long threads before the PHP timeout is up.
      It's not reproducable all the time, but seems to e worst when the forum is busier.
      Stuart Wright, founder AVForums.com. [strike]13[/strike] 15 million posts and counting.
      vBulletin user from 2001. We stopped upgrading vB at 3.8.2 and sadly we're going no further.

Comment

Set up a fresh test forum with all the original vB files and templates. Then if you can reproduce this problem on that forum, let me know. If not, then this will show that the problem is related to one or more changes you made.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X