Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

blocking certain boards from showing up in the 'view new posts' list?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blocking certain boards from showing up in the 'view new posts' list?

I am using 3.0.6

Okay, I know that if:

* A board has a password on it, posts won't show up in the 'view new posts' list

* If a board is private (i.e. access set up by access mask only), the posts won't show up in the 'view new posts' thread

* If an individual member has a board set to 'no' under the access masks, they won't see the posts from that board under the 'view new posts' function.

However, is there a way to exclude certain boards from the 'view new posts' list, without passwording it or blocking it?

For example I have board A, B and C. I never want board C's posts to show up in the view new posts function, but dont want to password it or block access to it. can that be done?

And if not, is there some way I could make it a user-selectable option in the user cp, as to whether they want to see board C's threads or not?

AdminCp -> Forums & Moderators -> Forum Manager -> Click Edit on the forum you don't want new post to be searched -> Find Option:

Index New Posts in Search Engine (Setting this to 'No' will prevent anyone from being able to search in this forum)

By setting this to NO, the new post search feature will not work. I think this is what your looking for...

Comment

thank you!

that will do it

Comment

This isn't working for me in 3.5. Anyone know why?

Comment

Originally posted by subnet_rx
          This isn't working for me in 3.5. Anyone know why?
          It will get better responce if you post your question in vB 3.5 forums instead of vB 3.0 .

Comment

Originally posted by jilly
            If an individual member has a board set to 'no' under the access masks, they won't see the posts from that board under the 'view new posts' function.
            How is this done?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Bat21
              How is this done?

Thanks
              If it's per user, you go into 'edit access masks' option, and then you should see a list of the boards - with each board there is a radio button next to it for yes, no and default. If you set a board to 'no' then that person can't see the board, and posts from it won't show up in the view new posts board.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X