Attachment Order Changing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attachment Order Changing

I just noticed a strange problem with my VBulletin 3.0.9 board. We have a newsletters section on the site, where newsletters for the past few years are loaded as attachments; 1 post with multiple attachments per year. I loaded them very carefully months ago to make sure they were in the right order (jan,feb,mar,etc.). Just tonight, I looked in some of the older years, and found that the order had been jumbled in all years but the most current. All attachments are still there and appear to work correctly.

If I mouse over them, I can see that now that even the attachment ID is out of order. The ID seems to be incremented by month correctly, so I don't really know what caused all the posts to change. I looked at the attachment table with phpmyadmin, repaired, optimized, and even sorted by attachmentID again to see if that would make a difference, but it did not.

My attachments are not stored in the DB, they are in the filesystem. Any suggestions to get them back in order, or do I need to delete all of them and reattach again? (ugh).

Here is a link to a sample post: (use demo/demo to log in)
    http://www.montgomerybikers.com/foru...read.php?t=111
    www.montgomerybikers.com / www.ninjette.org / www.cal24.com

Anyone? Help? Please?

Updated to 3.0.10 last night, still behaves the same way...

Comment

Sorry I do not know of any way to re-order these or control the order.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your reply. I assume that your comment also means that you do not know of an action or function that could have caused the order to change since the post was first entered. Let me know if you think of something, or if someone else sees similar behavior at some point... I'll repost the attachments now in the correct order and hope it doesn't happen again.

- Alex

Comment

No sorry, I don't.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

The problem is fixed in 3.5.0. You can get them in the correct order if you reupload them in the order you want. You have to upload them one at a time, meaning you can submit multiple attachments at once to upload.

Comment

Hi Freddie,

I reuploaded them all one by one; they are now back in the correct order. I'll only post back to this thread if they jump out of order again. Thanks...

- Alex

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X