Tracking one user's activity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tracking one user's activity

I'm not sure, but I believe that one of my new members has gained access to a private forum. I have no idea how this is possible as it is definately hidden from him and password protected, etc. I've even logged in as him and cannot view the forum. But, I've seen in his profile 'viewing thread x' and x is in a thread he should not have access to.

How can I track what he is reading? I assume the info is somewhere in the db. I've downloaded the raw access logs but I don't always know what IP he is using so it's very complicated to try and find the info.

Any suggestions? I assume mods are available, but isn't there some way I could just look up this info for this one user?
    Anne
    v 3.0.something

There is no function to do this. I suggest you change that forum password.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Have done, but the forum is also invisible and private. I think this was some weird glitch as the person first registered and then logged on for less than a minute and viewed this one thread. A few hours later, he viewed the exact same thread. There were another 200 threads in the hidden forum he could have accessed, but didn't. Not to mention the threads he could have 'legally viewed'.
      In any case, I also reset his password and sent an email saying he had to change it.

I don't quite know what to think...
      Anne

Comment

Emergency

I'm having a similar problem. Unregistered/Not Logged in guest as showing up on my "Who's Online" list showing they are viewing either Archives of restricted pages or threads of restricted areas without a Stop Sign symble next to them.

I don't think they are seeing a 'denied access' message, but viewing restricted areas, threads, and postes, either by coming directly to the site or coming in by searching archives.

I want to shut off any and all archives and make sure they are not accessing restricted areas.

Comment

Logout of your forums and see if you can access these areas.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X