Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Subscription: How do I give 1 year free then require renew payment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subscription: How do I give 1 year free then require renew payment?

Jake, Steve, or anyone who may be able to help,

I'd like to create a subscription on my forums for a free 1 year membership to access a support forum for a product that I sell. After the intial 1 year is up, I'd like for them to have to pay a small fee in order to continue support for another year.

However, I have a slight catch. I want them to have to be approved first in order to even consider having access to the forum, as it is intended only for a specific group of my customers, not all of them. I already have a working Public Usergroup that I have created that requires them to be approved by me when they click to join it.

How do I go about doing this? Jake, I see your reply here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127014

However, I'm not sure if that is what I need to do or not. It would be truly helpful if one could outline the process to me here within this thread.

I appreciate your help in advance. Thanks!

BfB
    Last edited by BfB; Sun 23 Oct '05, 6:58pm.

If you add a team leader to the usergroup then each join requires moderation. You can simply test it as a guest, member or valued member and staff on your own site using a test account.

Comment

Floris,

Hello there, and thanks for your reply. Maybe I am not understanding you? I'm already a leader of the particular secondary group, and when they click to join the usergroup I have to moderate it.

What I'm asking is how to set up the subscription system so they get 1 year free and then they have to pay a small fee in order to continue staying in that group. I want the subscription system to be used only on this particular group. So, in essence, I want them to be a member of this group first, which I have to approve them to be, "then" they get automatically upgraded to a 1 year free membership, and then after that 1 year is up they will need to pay the small fee in order to stay within that group. I want it done this way so that the rest of my member base just can't purchase a subscription and get access to this particular member group, because not all of my members will be purchasing this product that I need to support.

I appreciate any help in advance.

BfB
      Last edited by BfB; Mon 24 Oct '05, 9:34am.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X