Help! I'm locked out!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! I'm locked out!

I'm the administrator of flashdaddee.com vBulletin forums. I recently changed computers and now my user id and password are being rejected on my site. I can't log into the forums or the admin control panel.

Also, when I try to access customer support here, my customer number and password are bing rejected. The only thing that works (thank the Lord) is my vBulletin forum member user id and password.

Please help. Thanks

rick barclay

You can edit the password from "user" table in phpMyAdmin.. Find the 1st member row and edit the password which is the 6th field by default..

Comment

Originally posted by organik81
      You can edit the password from "user" table in phpMyAdmin.. Find the 1st member row and edit the password which is the 6th field by default..
      I wish it were that easy. I don't have phpMyAdmin installed, and it's been so long since I've used it, I've forgotten how. All my files were erased in a
      computer crash (please, spare me the tut tuts). I have a backup copy of my vBulletin v3.07 files, and I can edit them in a text editor. Would that work? I can ftp the files to my site.

Thanks for helping.

Comment

You can use this link to reset your password:
        http://www.yoursite.com/forums/login.php?do=lostpw

You can use the lost password link to have your customer number and password sent to you:
        http://www.vbulletin.com/members/lostpw.php
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
          You can use this link to reset your password:
          http://www.yoursite.com/forums/login.php?do=lostpw

You can use the lost password link to have your customer number and password sent to you:
          http://www.vbulletin.com/members/lostpw.php
          Thanks. I found the original user id and customer number, so I'm able to access the upgrades and stuff. At this point, I think I can just upgrade to to version 3.5 and use the install file to reset my user id and password at flashdaddee.com.

One aggravating factor to my problem is that I'm unable to reset my password at flashdaddee because page that's supposed to send you your new password doesn't work (among other things that seem to be bugging my installation of version 3.07), so I can't have a new password sent to me
          from my own forums. Pretty revolting situation, but I think (pray) a re-installation is the best way to go at this point, unless someone can offer a better solution.

And this is IMO one hell of a stupid way to conduuct tech support for something I pay a yearly fee for.

Thanks for any help.

Comment

If you do not have acccess to the email address on your license, send an email to [email protected] with all the info from your order so we can locate and update your license for you.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

If you do not have acccess to the email address on your license, send an email to [email protected] with all the info from your order so we can locate and update your license for you.
              I do have access to my vBulletin license info, and I've downloaded version 3.5. The page at flashdaddee forums that sends you your password information and allows you to change it does not work, so I have no way of having a new password sent to me. My co-admin hasn't had any luck trying to edit my account, either.

The easiest thing to do seems to me to just erase the files on the server and do a fresh install of version 3.5, but my co-admin wants to try one more thing, so I'll wait, I guess.

Comment

That really shouldn't be necessary. Are you just trying to restore your old Admin account? If so, what is your co-admin doing and what problem is he having?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

That really shouldn't be necessary. Are you just trying to restore your old Admin account? If so, what is your co-admin doing and what problem is he having?
                  Yes, I'm trying to restore my admin account to a new computer after my old one crashed and burned. My co-admin said there's a config file that's blocking him from editing my account. He's going to ftp into the server and
                  and look at some of the vbulleting files with the hope of editing them. I haven't heard anything from him for the past few hours. He lives in England, so he might not get to it until tomorrow. He very reliable, though, a real computer student. I'm lucky to have him.

Comment

In order to change your user, he will need to Edit this section of config.php and remove your userid from it:

// ****** UNDELETABLE / UNALTERABLE USERS ******
                    // The users specified here will not be deletable or alterable from the control panel by any users.
                    // To specify more than one user, separate userids with commas.
                    $undeletableusers = '';

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

This question has to do with phpAdmin.

I logged into my area and brought up my database in phpMyAdmin. I went to the userid section and viewed my password. However, the password is encrypted. I can edit it, but how will I know that the characters I'm typing in are the same as those being entered into the database?

Comment

Problem fixed! Edited the config file as you said and all barriers were lowered.

Thank you and my co-admin who did the actual editing.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X