Upgrade to 3.0.9 will not run upgrade.php

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade to 3.0.9 will not run upgrade.php

Ok, so I upgraded to 3.0.9, from 3.0.8, and ran install/upgrade.php, as usual. But instead of starting the usual upgrade steps, upgrade.php goes directly to the Control Panel. What is happening? Is does not even ask for my vbulletin client number, as it used to.

This means that all the 3.0.9 files were not uploaed, particularly the ones in the install and admincp directories.

Reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      This means that all the 3.0.9 files were not uploaed, particularly the ones in the install and admincp directories.

Reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server.
      No, seriously, ALL files have been uploaded/overwritten. This is a procedure I have done many times before, and always without a problem.

Checking upgrade.php, I see upgrade20.php is supposed to be called when upgrading from 3.0.8 to 3.0.9; but nothing happens; that is, upgrade.php proceeds immediately to the the Control Panel.

I run no hacks, btw.

Comment

Originally posted by asarian
        No, seriously, ALL files have been uploaded/overwritten. This is a procedure I have done many times before, and always without a problem.

Checking upgrade.php, I see upgrade20.php is supposed to be called when upgrading from 3.0.8 to 3.0.9; but nothing happens; that is, upgrade.php proceeds immediately to the the Control Panel.

I run no hacks, btw.
        I *did* upload a patch for 3.0.8, btw, as per your team's recommendation, described at:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/bugs....4115&status=40

Perhaps this is interfering with the upgrade process?

P.S. I was audacious, and went ahead and ran upgrade20.php manually, and this ran successfully through all the 5 steps. Would that action suffice? This will be my last update on the 3.0.x series, for obvious reasons; so, if this works, then I can simply leave it like this until I ever upgrade to 3.5.0
        Last edited by asarian; Fri 7 Oct '05, 4:55am.

Comment

Originally posted by asarian
          I *did* upload a patch for 3.0.8, btw, as per your team's recommendation, described at:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/bugs....4115&status=40

Perhaps this is interfering with the upgrade process?

P.S. I was audacious, and went ahead and ran upgrade20.php manually, and this ran successfully through all the 5 steps. Would that action suffice? This will be my last update on the 3.0.x series, for obvious reasons; so, if this works, then I can simply leave it like this until I ever upgrade to 3.5.0
          O, for crying out-loud, I had *already* upgraded to 3.0.9!! A week or so back, when there were intermediate fixes for 3.0.8. Now, with the announement of 3.5.0, I had completely forgotten that I already upgraded to 3.0.9. Duh! No wonder it would not upgrade.

I just found out, as I was planning to make an annoucement on my board, saying I just upgraded to 3.0.9, when I saw I had already placed such a message. Fortunately, running upgrade20.php was harmless (no table entries added and such, just importing some xml stuff).
          Last edited by asarian; Fri 7 Oct '05, 5:12am.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X