IMG code not working?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IMG code not working?

When someone tries to post an image, the [img] tags are not working. I'm not sure if this is happening to every user, but it's not working for one user in paticular.

I had him check

UserCP -> Edit Options -> Thread Display Options -> Visible Post Elements -> Show Images (including attached images and images in [IMG] code)

I also checked the forum options and IMG code IS on, so whats up with this? All img code works for me in every forum, so i dont know what to do here. Is there anywhere else i should be checking? thanks

Not working how? Is it showing a link instead of the image? Can this user view inline images in other users' posts? What is the URL of the image he is trying to display? (sometimes the IMG tag rejects weird URLs)

Comment

Originally posted by Jake Bunce
      Not working how? Is it showing a link instead of the image? Can this user view inline images in other users' posts? What is the URL of the image he is trying to display? (sometimes the IMG tag rejects weird URLs)
      Sorry i wasnt more specific.

It shows a link with the IMG code wrapped around it instead of an image, i tried the same link myself and the image shows up when i use the image code.

By inline images you mean this selection in the users cp...
      Show Images (including attached images and images in [IMG] code)

?

he has that selected, so i dont know whats up..and the img code is turned on for that forum.

Comment

What is the URL to your forum? And what is the specific forum you are talking about?

Comment

I'm getting the same thing. IMG tags are in a posting, but no image appears in the posting. The weird thing is that not all forums are doing it, only certain ones. All forums are set to display images with IMG tags, and the problem appears whether or not I'm logged in.

I upgraded to 3.5 but that didn't fix it.

I've reset the show IMG tag setting for the affected forum (turned IMG tagging off saved, then turned it back on and saved again) but no avail.

http://www.geekfury.com/forums/

right now it seems to affecting any new postings in all the forums. I can confirm it's happening in the "announcements" and "Science & Technology" forums. But I immagine it's forum-wide now, and any posts with an IMG tag won't appear.

Comment

lol, oops. I checked to see if I could load the imag url manually and couldn't. Got a 403 error so I checked my images dir and my permissions were off. DOH!

All appears well now.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X