• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Upgrading

HI trying to upgrade from 3.07 to 3.09 and it just hangs at the

Step 1) Miscellaneous table alterations 1/1
    • Altering attachment Table (1 of 2)

Stage

I am assuming this is because i have that Subscription hack installed which i would like to remove but i have searched high and low for this hack to find uninstall instructions but cant find it

How do i remove this hack? i have been into PHPMyAdmin but cant see which tables i should delete

Thanks in advance

How large is your attachments table?

For instructions on removing a hack, please post over at www.vbulletin.org.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

4GB

I left it all night and it has just timed out

Comment

That is going to be a problem. Unfortunately I don;t have an easy fix for you. You could try moving the attachments to the file system first, then upgrade.

I'll see if any of the Devs have an idea.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

You'll need to run the queries manually via the mysql command prompt:

Code:
          ALTER TABLE attachment CHANGE filedata filedata MEDIUMBLOB NOT NULL
          ALTER TABLE attachment CHANGE thumbnail thumbnail MEDIUMBLOB NOT NULL
          ALTER TABLE customavatar CHANGE avatardata avatardata MEDIUMBLOB NOT NULL
          ALTER TABLE customprofilepic CHANGE profilepicdata profilepicdata MEDIUMBLOB NOT NULL

Comment

And yes, this will take a long while.. I've done this with a 2gb db myself and finally got through. This is just unfortunatly one of those things where there's no real alternative for besides running the commands directly from the shell and then run upgrade again, skipping that particular step.

Comment

what's your server hardware specs ? answers to questions at http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70117 might help

with a few tweaks you could slice some time off as to how long it will take to run those commands Freddie suggested
              :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
              :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
              :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X