Cookies & New Posts Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cookies & New Posts Question

Im not sure how VB works so maybe someone can clear this up. Currently users have mentioned that posts are still staying light (bold) up even after they read them. I just now noticed this too. I never really did. But all posts stay read, even if you close your browser and come back, their still BOLD.

I noticed that my Cookie Time-Out in the CP is set at 3,000. Does this play a roll in it? Im assuming it does? Can someone explain how cookies work then on the VB system?

Yes, in vB 3.0.x the read system is session-based and not post and thread based. They will not show as read until your session expires (cookie timeout) or you log out.

There is an option in vB 3.5.0 that allows you to change this to a thread based system.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Oh wow, thats awesome. I should upgrade, but I hate how you use plugins and such now

Comment

I too would like an answer other then upgrade to 3.5.

My board just started happening. It use to work fine. I run 3.0.7

Comment

Originally posted by paul41598
          but I hate how you use plugins and such now
          You know not of what you speak.
          vBulletin v3.8.0's Implementation of Google Adsense Should Be Avoided At All Costs - Do Your Own Adsense Implementation

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X