Performance improvements...datastore?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Performance improvements...datastore?

I read about the datastore in the vB3.5 forum and it looked like it might help increase our performance. Our forums were doing fine and then we shot from 10-30 users to 100-200 users so we're having some issues. We need every ounce of performance we can get until our new server gets in in about a week...we have eAccelerator and MySQL Query Caching turned on.

What else can we do to increase performance? How do I enable the datastore (vB 3.0) and is there anything else we can do to get better performance?

Thanks.
    Seriously! - The Definitive Home of All Things Serious
    Seriously! Forums

To recieve support on these forums, enter your username here.

There is no caching option for the datastore in 3.0.x.

There are several performance options in your:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Server Settings and Optimization Options

Mail queue, batch updates for view counters, etc.

Comment

Are there added performance benefits in 3.5 over 3.0? Do they make up for the added bloat, or am I wrong in assuming that the extra stuff adds bloat? What kind of performance increases are there, if any, and what kind of an impact do they have?
      Seriously! - The Definitive Home of All Things Serious
      Seriously! Forums

To recieve support on these forums, enter your username here.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkReaper
        I read about the datastore in the vB3.5 forum and it looked like it might help increase our performance. Our forums were doing fine and then we shot from 10-30 users to 100-200 users so we're having some issues. We need every ounce of performance we can get until our new server gets in in about a week...we have eAccelerator and MySQL Query Caching turned on.

What else can we do to increase performance? How do I enable the datastore (vB 3.0) and is there anything else we can do to get better performance?

Thanks.
        maybe head on down to server config forum with a new thread and info for questions asked at http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70117 for a tune up
        :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
        :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
        :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X