Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• missing sections :S

hello

my server was freez so i restart it when it back i got error in db so i run the fix and repair after it finished i find i lost one or more sections

is there anyway to restor them

iam using vb 3.0.8

i run also counter update

Comment

What db error? What 'sections'?
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

will if i make my section in forum like that

news

multimedia

bal bla

now the news section disapper

Comment

It's possible that the db was corrupted in such a way that this info was lost. This is why I asked what the db errors were.

Unfortunately if repair shows no problems with the database, then this data may be lost permanently. The only way to retrieve it would be to restore a backup of the db made before these problems occurred.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
            It's possible that the db was corrupted in such a way that this info was lost. This is why I asked what the db errors were.

Unfortunately if repair shows no problems with the database, then this data may be lost permanently. The only way to retrieve it would be to restore a backup of the db made before these problems occurred.
            will when i run forum after restart the server i see the section and the posts inside it but when i like to index it tell me no posts in section but when i nvigate i saw all so i run update counter and rebulid search so the section disappered and i notice while it work in updatde counter the theared in the section wrote beside it quierfy or something like that

Comment

Okay.

If the data is gone, then it's gone. Unfortunately the only way to get it back is by restoring a backup of the database.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                Okay.

If the data is gone, then it's gone. Unfortunately the only way to get it back is by restoring a backup of the database.
                is there anyway to mix the 2 db ? the sestore db and the db now

Comment

The only way I can think of to do this would be to restore the backup to a new database and test forum, then remove all the info you do not need. Then you can use the Impex system to import the remaining data to your current vB.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Working...
                  X